Stock Trading System

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, 21 August 2009

India Fund (IFN) Trade Example

Posted on 13:51 by Unknown
After I published my book on stock trading, I found that, when we would go to parties, people would start talking to me about the markets and finance.

Most asked for my opinions on the market, economy, and/or stocks.  Some people, though, would tell me things like investing in stocks is gambling, and that you have no control.

I don't agree because a good system will give you an edge. Instead of being like a gambler, you are more like the house/casino. As long as you set "table limits" (e.g. don't over-trade) you can build wealth over time.

Here is an actual trade that I experienced. It shows my Stock Trading Riches system (and its edge) in action:

I initially bought 142 shares of the India Fund (IFN) at $14.07 in January, 2005 and then turned over the management of this position to my formula.

Here are the buys/sells that the formula recommended in January of each year:

2005 Buy 142 shares @ $14.07
2006 Sell 72 shares @ $28.27
2007 No Trade @ $28.61
2008 Sell 19 shares @ $39.05
2009 Buy 66 shares @ $16.97

Even though IFN went up 21% from 2005 to 2009, the formula was up 82%.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in Personal Finance, Stock Trading | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Lichello's AIM System
     I previously mentioned how my trading system is build around constant value investing.  Another system that is based on this technique is ...
  • "That Will Be 50 Dollars!"
    This morning, I took my cereal, then was going to walk upstairs to my office to work. My son came into the kitchen on his scooter (it was -1...
  • FHA to Raise Fees and Down Payments
    Here is another piece of news that shows that the real estate market has still not regained its health: I read that the FHA (Federal Housing...
  • Making Passive Income With Minimal Niche Sites
    My passion is finding simple lazy ways to accomplish my goals. For example, one of my dreams is to visualize myself collecting passive incom...
  • Chicago Celebrities and Homes 4/18/10
    Every Sunday, the Chicago Tribune's "Money and Real Estate" section has a column called "Elite Street", which covers...
  • Naked I Trade, Naked I Live
    No - I don't literally trade naked or live out my day running around the house naked! I had a zen shift after getting zen slapped - I ca...
  • The Stock Trading Riches Message Board on iHub
    I've created a new message board on iHub to discuss and answer questions about my book, the Stock Trading Riches system, trading and in...
  • "22,000 Tears" Visa Blunder - Should the U.S. Give Visas Through A Diversity Lottery?
    Today, Yahoo had an article about how this year's diversity lottery experienced a computer glitch and awarded 90% of the first 22,000 (o...
  • "See, Santa Also Likes Coke!"
    On Sunday, I was at the store with my 3 and a half year old son, and he wanted Coke. He recognizes the brand instantly. He also recognizes ...
  • Cliff Diving in Wing Suites in Norway
    This is extreme, crazy diving !

Categories

  • Billionaires
  • Business
  • celebrities
  • crisis
  • Entrepreneurs
  • FHA
  • Financial Crisis
  • Government
  • Hollywood Bollywood
  • Humor
  • internet marketing
  • Law
  • Marketing
  • Passive Income
  • Personal Finance
  • Personal Growth
  • Politics
  • Real Estate
  • renting
  • Stock Trading
  • Taxes
  • Videos

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (13)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  August (1)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (4)
    • ►  March (2)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (33)
    • ►  October (1)
    • ►  September (2)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (6)
    • ►  March (9)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ►  2011 (76)
    • ►  December (6)
    • ►  November (9)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (7)
    • ►  June (6)
    • ►  May (9)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (5)
    • ►  February (2)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2010 (132)
    • ►  December (15)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (6)
    • ►  July (13)
    • ►  June (19)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (8)
    • ►  March (12)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (12)
  • ▼  2009 (197)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (7)
    • ►  October (8)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ▼  August (12)
      • Plexico Burress: The Government is More Afraid of ...
      • Warren Buffett's Children and Philanthropy
      • Very Well-Written and Researched Article on The He...
      • Are European Stocks Currently Under-priced and Goo...
      • India Fund (IFN) Trade Example
      • Another Example of How Government Censorship is du...
      • Jet Blue's All-you-can-jet
      • Les Paul, A Major Influence on Modern Music Techno...
      • Fw: Flori "duh"
      • Ben Stein, Creationism, and Roger Ebert
      • $100 Million Payday for Energy Trader?
      • Sign of the Times: NJ Family are the ONLY Residen...
    • ►  July (25)
    • ►  June (28)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (22)
    • ►  March (21)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (21)
  • ►  2008 (49)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (4)
    • ►  October (16)
    • ►  September (11)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile